Day 13: Paying Bills During a Global Pandemic

      Today was March 23, 2020. I pay my bills on the 23rd and the 7th of each month. I was able to get a hold of Wells Fargo about my car loan. Actually, I sent them an email last Friday (3 days ago) and they finally gave me a call this afternoon. They allowed me to defer my car loan until June 23rd, but there will be interest involved. Whatever, I'll figure that out later, I guess.
      I wasn't able to get a hold of one of my loan companies called Lending Tree. Their numbers have been disconnected. I need to ask them if I can defer as well. I wonder if they went out of business or something because they usually send me all kinds of emails, but I have not heard from them in weeks. That would be nice if they just disappeared and I do not have to pay them back my loan!
     I was trying to order these good looking masks when I received a message that my credit card had been declined! Then I received a text message from my bank asking if it was fraudulent activity? I was not sure if this website that sold these masks was just trying to steal my credit card info, so I answered "yes, this is fraudulent activity". Immediately my bank called me and put me on hold for an hour with a message saying they were going to investigate. 2 hours later I got it all cleared up. They didn't know why that website declined my payment. I was just glad to have my credit card unfrozen because it is what is funding my trip through this apocalypse.
     I am proud of myself for being able to prioritize my health before my bills. At first I had planned on walking into my bank and another bank to get help with my loans. However, then I thought better. I stayed home and called the banks from the safety of my own home. The more times I go into public the more chances I have of catching the coronavirus. I might have had to wait on the phone for hours, but at least I wasn't exposing myself out in public. Tomorrow I do need to get some groceries though 😬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 14 & 15 Is it over? Or is it just getting started?

Week One of the Global Coronavirus Pandemic