Day 11: Angsty Podcast

     I spent all morning trying to upload episode 1 to all the various places. I wasn't even able to get the video onto Instagram, so I had to re-shoot it with my cell phone as my laptop played it. Super ghetto, but at least the sound transferred to full quality with the use of the of anew piece of gear that I bought. I had to learn how to use the new piece of gear, too. It was a frustrating morning.
     "Is this really worth all this trouble?" I asked myself. "Am I just wasting my time creating schlock content to put up on the internet?".
      As a self employed musician, I have to do so many different jobs by myself. I wish I had help. It's tough hiring someone to help me during normal times, but right now it's even harder as I have even less money coming in. I can manage though. I am just going through a re-organzing stage. Soon I'll have a system in place and running smoothly. 
      I went and did my workout routine after all the videos were uploaded. I run 3 miles, do 36 pull ups, 90 pushups, 150 situps, and a few yoga moves. I do this workout about 3 times a week and I really think it keeps me in good shape. On the days that I don't do this workout I take long walks. I feel like I'm in great shape.
      I've decided to call my podcast "Fast Heart Mart's Covid-eos". I felt better after the workout, but I was in an angsty mood again by the time I went to shoot today's video. I felt like I was going to cheapen my brand by doing these videos. However, the show must go on. I played "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes. I feel like it's kind of an appropriate song right now with "They're gonna rip us off/ Taking their time right behind my back" alluding to the powers that be taking advantage of this situation. Then I played a song I've been writing for the past few months called "Play On" about how we all know the world is in uphieval, but we have to "Play On" like the musicians on the deck of the Titanic as it's going down. It's supposed to inspire strength.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 14 & 15 Is it over? Or is it just getting started?

Week One of the Global Coronavirus Pandemic

Day 13: Paying Bills During a Global Pandemic